9.22.2012

Pumpkin bread

It is officially fall, Starbucks has their pumpkin lattes on sale and I felt the pull if the pumpkin. Pumpkin foods are some of my favorite things about fall and this is one of my favorite and most trusted recipes.

1 cup canned pumpkin purée
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs or substitute
2 table margarine
1 tbl canola/vegetable oil
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

Combine pumpkin, eggs, milk, margarine, and oil. Mix well

Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just moistened and uniform

Bake at 350F for about an hour in a sprayed loaf pan.

Normally I add nuts, but I left them out for those who dislike nuts. It was just as good anyways. Plus, I added a smear of whipped cream cheese to bring in some fatty goodness. I also couldn't find the brown sugar... So I tried my hand at making my own. Successfully I might add.

Seriously a fall favorite. One of these days ill play with it and add some whole wheat flour.... For now it's "fall" good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment