9.16.2013

Black-and-blue muffins

It's been a while. Things are chugging away. We've been busy in the workplaces and making the most of our weekends, so not so much blogging. I've been wanting to blog these muffins for months. I found them during a random foray onto Pinterest thanks to Keli. The pin was for a banana chocolate chip muffin, but I have played with it a few ways. The latest incarnation is black and blue-berry muffins. 

Pieces 
2.5 cups old fashioned (slow cook) oats. 
3/4 cup sugar
1 6 oz blackberry Greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp baking powder 
1/2 pint blueberries (about a cup)

Put together 
Start out with the oats in the food processor and grind into oat flour. Grind as much (or little) as you want. I leave some texture on mine, although pickier eaters can be tricked into oatmeal consumption if the oats are super finely ground. 





Next, conbine the oat flour with the remaining ingredients in a bowl (I like using my stand mixer). At this point I should have added some cinnamon (oops). Place in lined muffin tins - I got 15 medium sized, a dozen works well with the mix. 


Bake at 400 for about 20 min. Cool and enjoy. 


I love these muffins. The original recipe called for plain yogurt, but I enjoy using vanilla or some other flavor that compliments my main fruit component (ie strawberry with bananas, coffee with chocolate chips).   Pretty easy and quick stuff, and supremely healthy. :). Way better than a pop tart! Hopefully my coworkers feel the same when I bring these in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment