4.17.2011

Strawberry Whole Wheat Muffins

I saw a recipe for whole wheat blueberry muffins at Gina's Skinny Taste and it looked pretty tasty.  They sounded like a great option for breakfast this week instead of my usual yogurt.  I thought this might be a great way to use some of those giant Fukushima strawberries that were on sale this month, so I went for it.  They were great.  The applesauce for oil sub was great, as usual.  I used a half-half whole wheat/white flour, so they were  still pretty darn healthy, as well as yummy and totally easy.  I have a feeling I'll be making these again this summer as breakfast/snacks as the various berries go through their seasons.

Materials
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups 50-50 whole wheat/white flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp melted butter

Methods
First, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together.  Next add the wet and mix -- the sugar, egg, vanilla, and butter. I folded in the strawberries and filled up a dozen muffins.  Bake for 25 minutes at 325F and enjoy!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment