5.18.2013

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

We are invited to a cookout for my fried Jen's birthday this weekend. By the time I got around to asking what we could bring the savory was pretty full up, so I decided to make these cupcakes I had seen at skinnytaste.com. I wanted to make them at Easter but wound up doing plain chocolate cupcakes with homemade frosting in an effort to please the masses. 

These were pretty easy, and rather tasty if I do say so myself. No verdict from the other half, but he is excited to get his own personal cake shown below and give we a try. 

Ingredients
1 box funfetti cake mix
1 packet kool aid pink lemonade mix
1.5 tbl sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tbl oil
1 cup water. 



Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 and put liners in muffin tray

Mix water, lemonade mix, and sugar in a small bowl. 

Combine cake mix, lemonade mix, oil, and applesauce and mix well. Place in cupcake liners. Add sprinkles if desired (I used non-perils, and bake for about 22 minutes until fully cooked. Cool and enjoy :)



David's special cake because I love him so much (vomit) and since he is putting up with my work friends two weekends In a row :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment