7.07.2013

Baked Cod

Nothing super special here. We bought a bunch of cod when it was on sale, but I had no idea what we were going to do with it since frying was out. I found this handy little method of cooking them in Cooking Light. It was pretty quick ad actually turned out crunchy!  I imagine we will use this method again.

Ingredients
2 cod fillets, approx 4 is apiece
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
Black pepper and salt to taste 
2 tbl oil (olive or canola)

Methods
Preheat oven to 450F.

I started out with mixing the panko, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl. Next, I rinsed the cod and patted it dry and salted and peppered to taste. Next step - obviously, dip the cod into the egg followed by the breadcrumbs. 



Add the oil to an ovenproof pan on medium/medium-high. Pan fry the cod pieces for about 3 minutes on one side (until brown and crispy). I flipped the fish over and then baked it for about 7-8 minutes in the preheated oven. 



I enjoyed with a sauce made of Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and fresh dill. Definitely the best fake fried fish I've made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment