12.05.2013

Lemon Dill Carrots

This was my other side dish contribution to thanksgiving -lemon dilled carrots. This recipe came from a little Barnes and Noble cookbook I bought for $2.98 on the clearance rack years ago. It is small and basic but this book has earned it's keep -I have several recipes I have lifted from it. I had some multicolor carrots that I bought a while back that needed to be used, so this recipe I had always wondered about seemed perfect. 

Adapted from: Barnes & Noble Basics in the Kitchen by Pamela Richards 

Ingredients
6 carrots, sliced on the diagonal
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 table lemon juice
1/2 cup water 
1/2 tbl butter
1tsp dill
Coarse sea salt and pepper to taste
2tsp honey

Recipe
Steam the carrots until tender but firm/crisp. Set aside and keep warm. 

Meanwhile combine the cornstarch and lemon juice in a small pan. Mix until combined and add water. Heat over medium. Keep stirring until mixture thickens slightly. 

Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until he butter is melted. Pour over the carrots, toss to coat, and enjoy. 





These were quick, easy, and delicious. My critic called them A+ :).  Definitely repeatable and I loved using the tricolor carrots  they made it feel fancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment