1.05.2014

Italian Sausage & Potato Soup (Part Deux)

I actually made this soup last week on New Years Day.  This was based on a Soup created by the girls over at Our Best Bites.  

Ingredients
2 pre-cooked chicken italian sausages, chopped (I used al fresco)
pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp paprika
4 cups chicken stock
3/4-1 lb russet potatoes, chopped to various sizes (skins on)
Italian seasoning, to taste
1 cup milk
2 oz cream cheese
3 tbl flour
1 tbl butter
1 cup spinach

Methods
1.  Slice up the chicken sausage into small-medium sized pieces and heat it up with a few sprays of the misto.  Add minced garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes and cook for a few minutes.  
2.  Add the chicken stock and italian seasoning and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cover and simmer until cooked thoroughly (tender)
3.  Mix the milk, cream cheese, flour, and butter in a blender.  Once the potatoes are cooked add the milk mixture and heat thoroughly.  Theoretically add your spinach at this point, although I just place mine in the bottom of my soup bowl since I am the produce consumer in the house.  


I seriously love this soup. I made it a couple of years ago and it made it into my recipe recycling
program!  It really is pretty rare that I repeat, so you know it was good. David liked this too. I'm not normally a creamy soup girl, but this wasn't overly rich. The sausage flavor was strong and tasty ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment