1.18.2010

Recipe 4: White Bean and Chicken Sausage Soup

Prior to my trip I put together this soup.

Materials
~ Celery
~ Carrots
~ Yellow Onion
~ Garlic
~ White Beans
~ Chicken Sausage
~ Chicken Stock
~ Water
~ Brown Rice
Methods
~ I chopped and sauteed the celery, carrots, onions, and garlic in a bit of olive oil. The veggie mixture got added to the white beans in the bottom of my large oval crockpot. I sliced up the chicken and added it to the pot. I added chicken stock and water to cover the mixture. I cooked this up on low while at work. Once I got home I cooked up the brown rice and added it to the soup.

Verdict
Eh.. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. I salted and peppered as desired, however it definitely needed more herbage. I had throught my chicken and apple sausage would provide plenty of flavor, however I was disappointed. So not great, but not so bad I wouldn't eat it again, it just needed some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment