3.27.2011

Faux Fried Ravioli

Ingredients
Frozen Mini Cheese Ravioli
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup grated parmesan
Italian seasoning to taste
Red Sauce of choice

Methods
First I cooked the ravioli as directed on the bag.  Meanwhile I mixed the corneal, parmesan, and seasonings in a small bowl.  After cooking the ravioli I dipped it in the cornmeal mix.  I placed the ravioli on a lined baking sheet that i sprayed with nonstick spray.  After they were all on the baking sheet i sprayed the tops and baked them for about 20 minutes until they were brown and crunch.

Verdict
I've done this before actually, it had just been a while.  We were out at Cain's Saloon a couple of weeks ago and they had fried ravioli on the menu, which made me want some baked fried goodness.  I served them with various dipping sauces -- chunky for me and smooth for David.  It was a win, and a nice slight deviation from the norm :)

1 comment:

  1. I finally found your food blog. This looks delicious! Laura S.

    ReplyDelete