1.31.2012

Banana-Bluebery Apple Muffins, aka BBA Muffins

These would have been so appropriate during bowl season... If Pitt winds up at the BBA Compass Bowl AGAIN, you know what I'll be making myself -- Banana, Blueberry, Apple Muffins.  I had some bananas leftover from my baked oatmeal that were headed towards brown, and some blueberries from last week that were calling my name.  I took the banana muffin mix from Skinny Taste and modified it to omit cocoa and chocolate chips and turn it into BBA Muffins :)  Voila

Ingredients
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbl butter
4 very ripe bananas
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 cup 50/50 white/wheat mix flower
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 pint blueberries


Methods
Start with creaming the butter and sugar.  Once creamed I added the bananas.  Since they were so ripe and I was utilizing my Kitchenaid I didn't pre-mash, but just dropped them in.  Once they were mixed in, add the egg whites, applesauce, and vanilla.




Meanwhile I combined the dry in a bowl on the side and mixed them up.  Combine dry and wet.  Finally, fold in the blueberries. 

I baked for about 30 minutes at 350.   Let them cool, and enjoy. 


First, I'll say it... God Bless Kitchenaid.  Seriously,  the best kitchen toy I own, by far.BBA for the Win. 

These were super yummy.  They were a great way to finish my Meatless Monday.  I will most definitely be enjoying them for breakfast all week.  The blueberries were giant and beautiful, so the muffins are all so blueberry filled that I think even the anti-produce amongst us might like them.  I probably could have made them a little bigger, thereby making a dozen instead of fifteen muffins.. oh well. 

I will note, this is a similar recipe to what I followed for the strawberry muffins.  I noticed the same thing between both muffins -- they are tasty straight out of the oven, but they are not as easy to eat.  once they cool they come out of the muffin liners much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment