2.01.2011

Zucchini Fries

I saw this recipe for baked zucchini fries on Our Best Bites a couple of weeks ago and mentally bookmarked it as worth trying.  It was a particular go since I heard a rumor that certain people liked baked/fried zucchini loaded with breadcrumbs.
Materials
1 zucchini
1/2 cup italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs

Methods
Cut the zucchini into strips- I used my handy dandy veggie cutter
I whipped up the two eggs in a bowl and mixed the panko bread crumbs and parmesan in another bowl.  I took the zucchini, dipped it in the egg and dipped it into the panko mix and laid them out on a baking sheet (I forgot to spray the pan with non-stick spray, I recommend not doing that).  I baked them for 12 minutes at 425, flipped them, and baked for another 12 minutes.



Verdict -- Success.  The fries were yummy.  I would definitely re-create these during summer when the zucchini is plentiful and dip them in some ranch!  I think 'someone' might eat them again next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment